Electronic Monitoring Programme in Trinidad and Tobago
Frequently Asked Questions on the EOI for the Supply of Electronic Monitoring Devices
- Question: Is a demonstration necessary to illustrate the technical capacity of “the Device”?
Answer: A demonstration is NOT required at this time to illustrate the technical capacity of “the Device.”
- Question: What is meant by “availability of in-house technical skills” as referred to on page 8 under heading “Technical Capacity”?
Answer: “In-house technical skills” refers to whether or not the Applicant has the required in house technical support to competently deliver the project within the identified specifications. All bidders must provide evidence of this resident technical capability.
- Question: What information is required for an Applicant to demonstrate that it is results driven?
Answer: An Applicant is required to provide evidence of their track record, for example, any details that points to their ability to deliver on projects within specified criteria.
- Question: What information is required to demonstrate the ability of the Applicant to work on projects of a similar Scope and Scale?
Answer: The Applicant is required to provide a List of References which also defines the projects worked on, inclusive of Scope and Scale of projects completed.
- Question: What does “demonstrated capacity to successfully manage a project of this scale” mean as referred to on page 8 under the heading ‘Management and Administrative Capacity’?
Answer: The Applicant may demonstrate its capability to “successfully manage projects of this scale” by the provision of credentials and experience of key personnel that would be assigned to the Ministry of Justice project, should the Applicant be pre-selected for further review.
- Question: What is meant by “adequacy of procurement capacity and standards” as referred to on page 8 under the heading “Management and Administrative Capacity”?
Answer: The Applicant must show adherence to international benchmarks and standard operating procedures as it relates to procurement and transparency.
- Question: What is required to elucidate that the Applicant’s Accounting and Financial Management Systems are adequate?
Answer: The Applicant must show adherence to Accounting and Financial Management Systems which are consistent with standards established by regulatory bodies.
- Question: Will vendors whose proposals do not meet the exact technical specifications as outlined in the EOI but are able to provide superior equipment and services, with alternate technical specifications, be considered?
Answer: Yes, such proposals will be reviewed; however, the onus is on the Applicant to adequately demonstrate the superiority of the product/service being offered.
- Question: Are vendors expected to submit documents in addition to their respective “Expression of Interest” such as Form C, Letter of Incorporation, VAT, BIR & NIB Certificates, etc.?
Answer: Applicants are only required to submit what is requested in the Expression of Interest document.
- Question: Can the expressions of interest be submitted electronically?Answer: The expressions of interest cannot be submitted electronically. The applicant must present the expression of interest by submitting one (1) original and five (5) copies of the data in sealed envelopes addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of JusticeLevel 21, Tower C, Port of Spain International Waterfront Complex, Wrightson Road, Port of Spain, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago clearly marked: “EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ELECTRONIC MONITORING PROGRAMME” Envelopes must be deposited in the Tenders Box labelled “Expressions of Interest for the Provision of an Electronic Monitoring Device” located in the lobby of the Port of Spain International Waterfront Complex not later than 1:00 p.m. (local time) of March 16th 2012. Late submissions will not be considered.